Choosing the right professional moving company is easy if you are appropriately informed. Ask the contending movers a few fundamental questions and then to choose the one that has given the most satisfactory answers. You may be surprised how many moving companies can easily fail this last test of yours.
Here’s a simple list of questions to ask your candidate moving companies:
- Are you licensed?
- What kind of insurance or “valuation” do you offer to protect my goods?
- Do you have the required moving equipment to complete the job?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What steps do you take to prevent property damage?
- What will happen if any of my items get broken or go missing?
- How do you handle disputes and complaints?
Take some time to gather all of the information you need and make it a point to communicate with each company you contact. Take the initiative and learn as much as you can before you make your final decision.